| Puzzle Ramayan - 2020|
|LMI Tests -> Puzzle Ramayan||57 posts • Page 2 of 3 • 1 2 3|
Mean Minis (2020) Author
mattender - 2020-12-19 2:39 AMYes. You are right. The path must turn on a black circle like usual masyu rules.
I think there is a typo in IB, in Round 5 Puzzle 1-2, the Masyu section, "the path must not turn when it passes through a black pearl" should omit the 'not'?
|Clarifications from the Q&A session: |
1) "Official" round timings: The official start timings for each round will be strictly followed for each round as in IB page 2.
2) Adobe Flash Player will be needed to participate in this contest.
3) Round 4 - Mark My Puzzles - The rules for the three puzzle types will be included on the page.
4) Round 4 - Numerical Jigsaw - Same font as in the IB shall be used for the vertical strips.
5) Round 5 - Ayeheya - The symmetry shall be with respect to the central point in the region.
6) Round 5 - Tapa+Nurikabe - Tapa clues can double up as nurikabe clues if that is the only clue in the island and if it is a single number.
7) Round 3 - Aquarium - Every region behaves as if we are pouring water from the top. So any two cells in a region (even if separated by other regions) either both have water or are both empty.
8) Round 5 - Tapa+Nurikabe - There cannot be two clues in a nurikabe island. There must be at least one "white" cell from nurikabe area to call it an island.
9) Round 1 - Rassi Silai and Tents - If the leftmost column is the 10th column, enter 0.
10) Round 1 - Battleships - Fleet shall be given and given ship segment cells will contain same shape as in given fleet.
11) Round 4 - Numerical Jigsaw - Change the wording to "Rotate and/or rearrange some or all of the given vertical strips"
12) Round 4 - IPC Criss Cross - There shall be validation for minimum length of the answer.
13) Round 4 - Numerical Jigsaw - Puzzle numbering shall be 10 and 11 for the two puzzles.
14) Round 3 - Products (Off by one) - Specific range of numbers shall be given in the PB.
15) Round 4 - Meteor Showers - Validation shall be added to the length of the answer
16) Round 3 - Top Heavy - The rules apply only for vertical neighbours (number at the top shall be bigger). There are no constraints for horizontal neighbours.
17) Round 4 - Banners - All words shall be listed vertically.
18) Round 5 - Masyu rule - The text "the path must not turn when it passes through a black pearl" should omit the 'not'
|No of pages in Puzzle Booklet: |
Round 1: 5
Round 2: 5
Round 3: 6
Round 4: 8
Round 5: 6
PR 2020 (MII and Regions) Author
|What a Compass puzzles, absolutely brilliant :D|
|I agree. |
The compass puzzle was really a brilliant one!
|Awesome puzzles. Thanks to Puzzle authors and organisers for such a delightful IPC 2020. |
PR 2020 (Casual and Word) Author
|A big thanks to the organizers for putting together the five rounds for this IPC. Each and every round was very enjoyable and had loads of memorable puzzles. |
The points and time allocation for each round was spot on.
Special thanks to Rakesh, Priyam and Deb for putting in so many hours of effort and for the perfect execution even with limited support. (I hope I am not missing anyone out.)
Also thanks to all the authors for the fantastic puzzles. I will share my thoughts on the puzzles after solving the ones that I missed out during the contest.
|Thanks to everyone involved for the amazing contest and puzzles! I had a lot of fun with this! :)|
PR 2020 (Shading and Loops) Author
|Beautiful Set of puzzles. Thanks to Testers, Authors, and Organizers (Priyam, Rakesh and Deb, and whoever else I might be missing). It was a day well spent. |
Favorite among the puzzles I solved:
Round 1) Rassi Silai - That 6 was pretty tricky
Round 2) Compass
Round 3) Double Choco and Fuzuli
Round 4) IPC CrissCross
Round 5) Tapa Nurikabe (155 Pointer)
SM 2020 (Irregular and Outside) Author
|Enjoyed puzzles a lot. Will be doing left overs soon. We should have 5th round kind of monthly contest, it will help guys like me. |
Big thanks to all organizers and authors and test solvers.
2021 World Sudoku+Puzzle Convention Organizer
|Brilliant puzzles, very well organized. I absolutely loved Round 5, and other rounds were great too. Like ISC, another great experience that gets as close as we can to mimicking an offline event. |
Like Amit said, special thanks to Rakesh, Priyam and Deb for putting this together.
Lastly thanks to the authors for providing such a high quality of puzzles throughout the event.
On a personal note it would have been great to finish round 4, I was so close and I don't usually finish the casual round. Other than that, it was largely a smooth and enjoyable run.
|Thanks to Rakesh, Priyam, Deb and all the foreign contributors for this fantastic IPC. High quality puzzles and just like the ISC, very well organized. |
Really appreciate all the efforts in making these championships happen during a difficult year.
Congratulations to Prasanna and Swaroop for the podium and to Jayant, Gaurav and Nityant for topping PR.
R3: Double Chocolate
R5: Ayeheya Yajikazu 2
PR 2020 (MII and Regions) Author
|Thanks a lot to the Organizers and Authors for such a wonderful puzzle rounds. It could not have been better quality puzzles. Enjoyed every puzzle. |
Congrats to all the winners.
|That was incredibly enjoyable, many thanks to all authors and organisers! A few comments on each round: |
Round 1: All of the puzzles were very nice. Especially liked the Yajilin, Kakuro and Pentominous.
Round 2: The compass was a really stunning puzzle. Statue Park felt over-valued.
Round 3: Tough round; had quite some difficulty with numerous puzzles, including the domino search which I ended up effectively brute-forcing. The Kurotto was excellent and I also enjoyed the Aquarium quite a bit.
Round 4: A fun, different round. Hard to pinpoint favourites here. Was rather lucky to solve the 'three steps' puzzle in about 30 seconds.
Round 5: A bit annoying to solve on paper; ended up having to resort to coloured pens, which ended up working ok. Perhaps it's fortunate that the puzzles here weren't too difficult... I really loved the concept though!
|57 posts • Page 2 of 3 • 1 2 3|
|Search this forum|
Printer friendly version
Best blackjack strategies https://onlineblackjack.money/strategies/.
Online casino roulette for Australian players https://aucasinosonline.com/roulette/