Country : India
About Classic Tapa Contest - 2016
- Classic Tapa Contest (CTC) is a contest for solving Classic Tapa Puzzles, along with its older sibling "Tapa Variations Contest".
- Everyday a new Tapa will be available to solve. Unlike TVC, all puzzles in CTCs are to be solved online.
- CTC will follow Indian Standard Time (which is 5.5 hours ahead of GMT). Check the submission page for exact timing in your time zone
- We will be publishing week wise grid sizes in advance
- At the end of 7 weeks (on the same day that TVC 2016 ends), a winner will be declared. The winner of CTC will have a title called Classic Tapa Master.
CTC Scoring system
The scoring system and formula are exactly same as previous years.
- Submissions within 60 minutes will be considered for scoring
- 2 minutes penalty for each wrong submission
- 15% time penalty for each late day (maximum 2 late days are allowed – so a puzzle can be solved upto 72 hours after it is uploaded)
- Each puzzle has its own points, which is computed from solving times of top 10% players on that day.
- Each player gets points for solving a puzzle based on own solving time and others’ solving times. Exponential distribution is used.
- Total points for a player is sum of puzzle points over 7 weeks.
Details in the pdf file Download