- There are some typos/single word minor rule fixes that have been made in the IB which may note reflect in the penpa links.
- The Arrows puzzle's tabs are Surface, Sudoku Arrow and Shape. We have reasons to do this, but Penpa users, please check the set up so that if you have a different preference you can readily change to that during the contest.
- This is, I think, the first contest with the "PenpaLite" feature. Now, only the tabs we have set will appear instead of the clutter of different tabs. If you want to see the usual tabs you only need to toggle the "PenpaLite at the top area to "off".
- Points distribution will be released closer to the contest.
@professorX: There are many puzzle types invented by clever Indians. In this case (correct me if I'm wrong), you will find that Balance Loop and Canal View were invented by Prasanna Seshadri, and Regional Loop was invented by Swaroop Guggilam.
The solution key for the Arrows example should be 11, not 10.
I'll fix this on the next version, thank you.
Also yes, confirming what James said (and he got the origins right too of course), whenever we do rounds that have two themes, the first three belong to the first theme and the next 3 belong to the second theme, not counting the variants.
- Points distribution added.
- The number of pages for puzzle booklet was shown as 13. This was wrong. The correct number (8) is now updated.
- Fixed answer key to the Arrows example.
Additional notes for penpa users:
- For Regional Loop, the Yajilin mode actually may work better than line-or-x. The dots may be used as further notations.
- For Yin Yang (and Outside Yin Yang), it was pointed out in testing that since the modes for circle input are exactly the same as the givens' format, it could get difficult to distinguish givens from placed circles. To address this, the Puzzle Booklet will have two sets of links. The second row of links will basically be the same puzzles but with the givens shaded with a grey background. An example for this - https://git.io/JWEHx This is ONLY for the links.
Additional note for Print and solve participants:
The Canal View LITS page will have an atypical layout to fit everything. All the contents should still be obvious. The LITS bank is given after the rules, and the penpa link + Answer keys section is given in the same row as the first of the two puzzles, with the text on the left and the puzzle image on the right.
Very fun puzzles and maybe a little challenging compared to the previous one.
I struggled a little in Balance loop 3, Regional Loop 3, and Canal View LITS 2. The rest went very smoothly.
I really liked YinYangs.
Great beginning Madhav and hope to see more in the future. Thanks, LMI and Testers for a wonderful finish to the PR innings.