Riad's April Contest 2024 (13th - 21st April) Score Discuss
PR 2024 R4 - Word & Object Placement (26th Apr - 2nd May) starts in 37 hours 31 minutes Discuss
IPC 2010 - FAQ[Frozen]1 posts • Page 1 of 1 • 1
@ 2010-09-10 6:29 PM (#1640) (#1640) Top

purifire

purifire posted @ 2010-09-10 6:29 PM

1. What is the purpose of the Indian Puzzle Championship (IPC)?
IPC is held every year to determine the best puzzlers in India. The top players will be given a chance to represent India at the World Puzzle Championship in Poland in October 2010.

2. How can I participate in IPC 2010?
You have to be registered at logicmastersindia.com to participate in the IPC 2010. This is a one time registration that enables you to take part in any competition being hosted at LMI.

3. What are the system requirements to participate?
The test page is flash enabled. So every browser (Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Netscape) needs to have the flash plug-in installed.
Flash can be downloaded from here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4. How is the test conducted?
The test is conducted at http://logicmastersindia.com/IPC2010/submit.asp . This is the submission page.
The puzzle booklet in the form of a password protected PDF document will be available 24 hours before the actual test time in the submission page.
You have to login and click on "Start IPC" in the submission page.
Once the test has started, the password for the PDF will be displayed. It is suggested that participants take a printout of the puzzles and solve it on paper. All the answers have to be submitted in the submission page.

5. "Start IPC" is disabled. I click on it and nothing happens.
"Start IPC" button will be enabled only after 14:00 hours IST on 12th Sept 2010.

6. If I log in at 13:45 hours IST on 12 Sept 2010, will the "Start IPC" be automatically enabled?
"Start IPC" button will not be enabled automatically. You will find a button "Refresh Server Time" on the submission page. Once you click that, the page shows the server time. Refresh the page at 14:00 IST post which the "Start IPC" button will be enabled. If example when you log in server time is shown as 13:53:00, then click on "refresh Server Time" approximately after 7 minutes.

7. I am unable to see the password?
You have to login and click on "Start IPC" to see the password.

8. Is it necessary for me to take a printout?
The puzzles are of such a nature that they are better solved on paper. So we suggest that participants take printouts of the puzzle booklet. However participants are free to use any graphic tool like Paint to solve the test.

9. Do I have to key in the complete solution as answer?
Every puzzle will have a designated answer key. This could be a combination of multiple rows/columns or diagonals and this answer key will be marked by arrows. Or the answer key could ask you to count the number of horizontal arrows in a puzzle. On the submission page there will be pointers in red which will guide you with the length of a particular answer key to help you key in the correct digits/letters and to ensure you don’t have a typo error. If you think your answer is correctly and the red pointers are still indicating an error, go ahead and submit your answer, we will be manually verifying such answers.

10. How are the answers submitted after being keyed in?
There is a single submit button for all answers. Whenever any of the answers is submitted for the first time a time stamp is saved in our database. There are different tabs for each group of 5 puzzles. When you move between tabs answers are saved in the other tabs. However the submit button is common for all groups/tabs.

11. What type of puzzles will be there in the test?
A detailed Information Booklet (IB) has already been uploaded on the website. This IB gives the details of the type of puzzles and also highlights the answer key for a given puzzle. Each puzzle type is shown along with a small example to help you better understand the puzzle. This IB is only for information purpose. It is difficult for us as organizers to arrange practice material too given the time constraints on things and hence we encourage you to either discuss the puzzle types on the forum with other participants or find practice material on the net.

12. Can I appear for the test after the official hours from 14:00 hours to 16: 30 hours?
The test will be open for international participants after the official hours (from 12th September, 17:30 IST till 17:30 IST on 13th September). However if you wish to be considered for selection to the Indian team for the World Puzzle Championship, then you must participate during the official test timings.

Tip: Submission of answers
Submission of answers is purely upto the participants based on their solving strategy. Some people like to submit answers after solving each puzzle, and some submit all answers together after completing all the puzzles and then there are some who submit answers periodically at regular intervals. Though there is no hard and fast rule, it is always better keep some spare time before the actual end time for submission. If a person can solve all puzzles on paper within stipulated time but doesnt have time remaining for submission then the whole effort is wasted. It is always better to be on the safe side and ensure answers to all the solved puzzles are submitted.
IPC 2010 - FAQ[Frozen]1 posts • Page 1 of 1 • 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version