Details of the meet:
- The meet was attended by Aditi Seshadri, Amit Sowani, Deb Mohanty, Gaurav K. Jain, Harmeet Singh, Rajesh Kumar, Rishi Puri, Rohan Rao, Sai Karthik Burra, and myself.
- The main person organizing this meet was Amit, who put together the content with a little help from my end.
- There was general doubt solving throughout the meet, this was generally encouraged, but while keeping certain planned activities too.
Planned Activity 1: Team Round.
- We divided ourselves into teams, and competed in a team round from a past WSC.
- Me, Amit, Gaurav, Karthik and Rajesh were in one team, and Rohan, Deb, Rishi, Harmeet and Aditi were in the other team.
- We had about 5 minutes discussing strategies, and settled on 4 solvers
(for 4 variants
) and one person keeping track of the linking
(which is obviously a luxury since WSC teams are of 4 members, and this particular WSC round had happened when teams had 3 members
- In general this was a first time experience for half the participants, with the other half guiding proceedings with their past experience.
- My team won
Planned Activity 2: Creating Sudoku variations.
- We dedicated a segment towards creating Sudoku variants based on Converse rules, including Consecutive, XV, Sudoku N, Kropki, Average.
- We noted that there were 5 established authors
(me, Deb, Rohan, Rishi, Rajesh
), and so we divided the 10 of us into groups of 2.
- The groups were Deb & Karthik
), me and Gaurav
), Amit & Rishi
), Harmeet & Rajesh
) and Rohan & Aditi
- We each had to do one 9x9 and one 6x6. I think some groups finished and some didn't and will continue
(either online or at the next meet
- Aditi, who is one of our Sudoku Champs from the school event earlier this year, finished hers.
- We are still deciding the best way to display these puzzles. Possible options include a quick contest, or just displaying on the forum.
Apart from this, generally, there was some feedback on other things that can be done during the meet. This feedback is with Deb, I think, and we're looking at implementing the new ideas.
We encourage more people to join in next time, and also encourage LMI regulars from other cities to have their own meets, if they think this is possible.
The next date for the meet is being discussed. The suggested date is 14th June, because we should establish a structure based on the feedback from this one. After this, the plan is to hold them once a month.
If anyone wants to add to this
(either your personal experience or general notes
), go ahead. Thank you to everyone who showed up and we hope you enjoyed the meet.