I think I'd like some clarification on Tapa Lines. It looks like the Four Winds portion is not unique--The length one wind from the individual one could go up, right, or down. Does it only matter that the Tapa clues are unique, and that the four winds part is satisfied?
Currently we have a puzzle (out of two) where the shading is uniquely determined as long as you are able to satisfy all Four Winds clues but those lines aren't necessarily uniquely drawable. There's also a potential replacement puzzle where both parts are unique. I'll post again if we end up replacing that one to get unique shading&unique lines for both puzzles.
"Does it only matter that the Tapa clues are unique, and that the four winds part is satisfied?" Yes for now, there is a unique shading that respects the added Four Winds constraint.
Tapa Lines clarification:
- If a N sized wind is drawn from a cell, N+1'th cell can remain empty.
- There can be directions from a clue cell where there is no outgoing wind.
- There is a unique Tapa solution that allows all the Four Winds lines to be drawn. However, those lines are not necessarily uniquely drawable. (see example)
1. There shall be no instant grading in this test.
2. There shall be no online solving interface (like penpa) provided for this test.
3. If the length of shaded cells in any answer key is more than 9, you need to enter the complete value, not just the unit digit.
4. There shall be 11 pages in the Puzzle Booklet, including a points table on Page 1.
5. Participants can submit answers any number of times. The last submission shall be considered for scoring.
6. There shall be no separate notification on submitting answers. There will be no claim bonus button either. So, if you think you have submitted all answers correctly, the bonus will be calculated based on the last submission time.
7. The timer will show the full 80 minutes. But there shall be penalties if answers are submitted after 75 minutes.
The Tapa Clones 1 answer key seems to be wrong, judging from my submission and the 0% success rate at the moment.
Thanks for letting us know. One black cell had not been counted by us.
Thankfully there is no instant grading, so this would not have affected anyone's solving.
We have corrected it now and all should be ok.