- This is a national contest aimed at encouraging the best sudoku solvers of India to participate and experience the excitement, thrill and puzzling atmosphere on the lines of various national championships and the World Championships.
- The championship consists of 4 online rounds (one every month), based on different themes of Sudoku variants. In 2016, we had 8 online rounds with 8 different themes. These 8 themes will be repeated this time, but each round will feature two different themes together.
- Like last year, this offline final will have a participation fee which will mainly be to recover venue/food costs. This fee will be updated a little later once the venue is confirmed. The online rounds will continue to be free for all.
- There are 4 spots for the Indian A team for WSC 2017, which will be decided by this tournament.
- There will be a separate playoff at the end of the offline finals to determine the Mahabharat winner. There will be an eligibility criteria for this playoff, as explained below, to preserve the essence of Sudoku Mahabharat.
Offline finals: New registration process
- There is a change in the way the offline finals' slots are filled up. We want to encourage solvers who aren't near the top yet but still want the experience of an offline final. The eligibility criteria is that the solver must have participated in at least 3 of the 4 online rounds ('participated' here means achieving a non-zero score in the round) OR reaches the top 60 within two or less rounds. After Round 4, we will ask the solvers from 1-30 first and give them a week to confirm participation. After this, registrations will be open to participants from 31-60 for a week, and then it is open to everyone 'eligible' by the criteria above, till we get to 60 participants. After that, due to venue restrictions, we will be ending registrations.
- The points total from the online rounds (i.e. the best 3 rounds for each participant) will be considered to give some base points to finalists to start with in the offline round. Specifically, the finalists will start with an average of their best 3 normalized scores.
All players who appear for the offline finals will receive a certificate.
- Top-3 players at the offline finals will be awarded medals / trophies.
- Top-10 players at the offline finals will be awarded prizes in the form of LMI merchandise.
- All players at the offline finals Under-21yrs and over-50yrs will receive special prizes.
- All players travelling from other countries (non-Indians), will receive special prizes.
|Rounds||Author||Dates||India 1||India 2||India 3|
|Standard & Neighbours||Akash Doulani||06-09 Jan||Rohan Rao||Rakesh Rai||Kishore Kumar|
|Odd Even & Twisted Classics||Rishi Puri||04-07 Feb||Rohan Rao||Kishore Kumar||Manjiri|
|Outside & Math||Jan Zverina||03-06 Mar||Rohan Rao||Kishore Kumar||Suvarna|
|Irregular & Converse||Richard Stolk & Arvid Baars||07-10 Apr|
All rounds will be open throughout the weekends and on Mondays. They will also be open on Friday nights.|
All times in Indian Standard Time (GMT+5:30)
Each round will have 18 Sudokus to be solved in 90 minutes
The same six Sudoku Variants will appear in both sizes, 6x6 and 9x9, with three from each category/theme.
- Two 6X6 Standard Sudokus
- Four 9X9 Standard Sudokus
- Six 6X6 Sudoku Variants
- Six 9X9 Sudoku Variants
- In each round, best Indian score among eligible players will be scaled to 100. Others' scores will be adjusted proportionately.
- For International Rankings - The best score in the round will be scaled to 100. Others' scores will be adjusted proportionately.
- Also see : http://logicmastersindia.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1013&start=26#M19751.
- You will get points as allotted for each sudoku correctly submitted.
- Instant Grading is enabled, so upon submitting you will know if the answer is correct or not. Penalty exists for wrong submissions.
- There will be a time bonus of 1 point per full minute saved by players submitting all sudokus correctly within 90 minutes.
- For determining rankings for offline finals consideration, each player's best 3 scores out of 4 online rounds will be summed up to calculate the total score (so, the worst score is discarded).
- Like every other contests at LMI, international players are encouraged to participate in these contests
- These contests will be included in LMI Sudoku ratings.
- International players are not eligible to win either the ISC or the Mahabharat title at the offline finals but can attend and participate managing their own expenses. We request any interested International players to let the organizers know early, between Round 3 and Round 4, so we can consider it in our plans.
If you have any questions or doubts or suggestions, please ask in the forum.