- This is a national contest aimed at encouraging the best sudoku solvers of India to participate and experience the excitement, thrill and puzzling atmosphere on the lines of various national championships and the World Championships.
- The championship consists of 8 online rounds (one every month), based on different themes of sudoku variants.
- The top-50 Indian players from the online rounds will be invited for a one-day finals, where the finalists will compete against each other, in a typical WSC-style format, consisting of 4/5 rounds.
- Unlike last year, this offline final will have a participation fee which will mainly be to recover venue/food costs. This fee will be updated a few rounds later once the venue is confirmed. The online rounds will continue to be free for all.
- The best Indian at WSC 2015 will get a wild card on the team for WSC 2016.
- The remaining 3 spots will be decided by this tournament. Barring the special case mentioned below, the top 3 solvers from the offline finals will secure a place on the Indian A team for WSC 2016.
- There will be a separate playoff after these rounds to determine the Mahabharat winner. There will be an eligibility criteria for this playoff, as explained below, to preserve the essence of Sudoku Mahabharat.
All players who appear for the offline finals will receive a certificate.
- Top-3 players at the offline finals will be awarded medals / trophies.
- Top-10 players at the offline finals will be awarded prizes in the form of LMI merchandise.
- All players at the offline finals Under-21yrs and over-50yrs will receive special prizes.
- All players travelling from other countries (non-Indians), will receive special prizes.
|Rounds||Author||Dates||India 1||India 2||India 3|
|Standard Variations||Deb Mohanty||22-24 Aug||Rohan Rao||Kishore Kumar||Rakesh Rai|
|Neighbours||Prasanna Seshadri, Aditi Seshadri||12-14 Sep||Rohan Rao||Jayant Ameta||Kishore Kumar|
|Odd Even||Swaroop Guggilam, Ashish Kumar||24-26 Oct||Rohan Rao||Rakesh Rai||Jayant Ameta|
|Math||Rohan Rao||14-16 Nov||Kishore Kumar||Jaipal Reddy||Rajesh Kumar|
|Outside||Rishi Puri||12-14 Dec||Rohan Rao||Rakesh Rai||Kishore Kumar|
|Twisted Classics||Rajesh Kumar||9-11 Jan||Rohan Rao||Kishore Kumar||Rakesh Rai|
|Converse||Rakesh Rai, Harmeet Singh||12-15 Feb||Rohan Rao||Suvarna||Shaheer Rahman|
|Irregular||Akash Doulani, Amit Sowani, Gaurav Kumar Jain||12-14 Mar||Rohan Rao||Rakesh Rai||Kishore Kumar|
|ISC Finals ||Prasanna Seshadri, Deb Mohanty||16 Jul||Rohan Rao||Rakesh Rai||Kishore Kumar|
|SM Finals ||Prasanna Seshadri, Deb Mohanty||16 Jul||Akash Doulani||Gaurav Kumar Jain||Harmeet Singh|
All rounds will be open throughout the weekends and on Mondays. They will also be open on Friday nights.|
All times in Indian Standard Time (GMT+5:30)